For official closing information during severe weather events, call 540-552-1091 to listen to the recorded message or visit WSLS TV channel 10 - NBC Roanoke affiliate.
Lectio Sacra throughout Lent
Wednesdays 12:15-12:45pm at Newman House
Thursdays 9:45-10:15am in the Parish Hall
Fridays 6:15-6:45pm in the Parish Hall
Stations of the Cross with Lectio Sacra
Fridays throughout Lent
6pm Lenten supper (Abstain) - 7pm Stations
Good Friday - April 18 - 12 Noon
Ecumenical Supper Series hosted at St. Mary’s
Fr. Remi speaks about “Abraham”
Supper: 5:30 pm ~ Worship Service: 6:15 pm
Lenten Regional Reconciliation Service
April 8, 7-11pm
St. Jude Catholic Church
1740 Tyler Road, Christiansburg, VA 24073
Mass 8:45am, 11:30am
Vigil 5pm (April 12)
Thursday of the Lord’s Supper (Holy Thursday)
April 18 (Fast and Abstain)
Stations of the Cross 12pm
Reconciliation available immediately following Stations of the Cross
Friday of the Passion of the Lord
Easter Vigil in the Holy Night approximately* 8:30pm
Easter Vigil Reception following services
* Easter Vigil begins with the lighting of fire
determined by darkness (expected sunset time 8pm)
Easter Sunday of the Resurrection of the Lord
Mass 8am, 10am, 12pm
*The above schedule is subject to change
Upcoming Holy Days:
The Ascension of the Lord
For a complete list of Holy Days of Obligation please visit the Catholic Diocese of Richmond website.
Holy Day of Obligation Masses
normally scheduled at 12 Noon and 7pm
Join our listserv!
To add yourself, send a NEW message to firstname.lastname@example.org with only the word subscribe in the subject field.
Leaving? We're sorry to see you go:
To unsubscribe from the list, send an email message from the email address you wish to unsubscribe to: email@example.com.
Do you or someone you know need assistance?
St. Mary's is here to help where possible:
* Come worship with us for Mass or to pray the rosary, or attend formation or fellowship events
* Our Pastoral Care Team will gladly bring prayer to our homebound or ill parishioners, outreach can including receiving communion, a rosary, a prayer shawl, a current bulletin, and other support as appropriate.
* Mental Health Prayer and Support Group meets weekly.
* Contact the office to be placed on the prayer list or schedule a Mass intention
Food, cleaning supplies, clothing:
* St. Mary's "Caring Closet" can provide a couple bags of groceries to those in need.
* We support both the Interfaith Food Pantry and MCEAP with financial and food donations.
St. Mary's supports a variety of agencies throughout the New River Valley community with our time, talent and treasure, including:
Montgomery Co. Emergency Assistance
Montgomery Co. Christmas Store
Interfaith Food Pantry
Micah's Caring Initiative
The Pregnancy Resource Center
The Women's Resource Center
Drop-in Resource Center of the New River Valley
Contact the church office for more information.